Virginia Bar Exam Blog
Monday, May 29, 2006
  Officially Starting the Long Trek!!
The long weekend was great... Partying, relaxing and taking some time for myself. Now that I'm back, it's time to really start thinking about taking this bar exam. I will be working for the 1st time while studying for the bar exam. The other times I had either just graduated from law school or was taking some time off from work and taking a night class or just studying on my own. This time, I will be working the whole time. That's why I am starting now for the February 2007 exam. (Why can't I ever spell February?)

From what I have read and heard from others, I think that I am going to go with The Study Group. Because I will be studing for the VA exam from NY, I need a home study course. So The Study Group and Micromash are my only real alternatives (REFUSE to do Barbri - I think that they are aweful!) Because I am an audio studier, I need something that "lectures" at me. Micromash doesn't have an audio portion - only reading stuff from the computer software and books. That won't do it for me... start zoning out if I don't "actively" learn (ie. following the books and taking notes while being letured at). So TSG is the way to go for me... Does anyone have any other thoughts?

Of course, PMBR red and blue book... but no classes this time. Pretty confident on the MBE (169 for NY - got my score because of NJ). But definitely will do both the red and blue books again... Feel like I can teach the damn class at this point... (Have done both books twice.)

Well, any suggestions or words of advice would be great!
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
This is a blog for people serious about taking the Virginia bar exam... Emotional and study support system.

Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States
ARCHIVES
May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 /


Powered by Blogger